Tuesday, June 7, 2011

dreaming of Nantucket...

This morning my friend sent me the most amazing beach cottage photos of her Sister and Brother in laws new 
"Home away from Home" in Nantucket.

They spent their first weekend there this past Memorial day and as you can imagine, are as happy as can be in their new renovated Beach House. I died when I saw the pictures. Kerry designed most of the house herself (With some help on a few key pieces), and also managed the renovation... while being an amazing mother of 4 adorable little kids! 
Kerry found her inspiration from the Island itself and from clippings of interiors  for colors and textures used.
I cant get enough of the chandelier...  love the mermaids... I also LOVE how you hardly notice the TV,  
instead their amazing view is the focal point!

I love the blue and lime accents and of course the fabric on the chairs. Kerry had help from Lynn Morgan on the fabrics she chose. In my opinion the neutral tones and pop of color (that mirrors the view) really make the room. I bet the kids will have fun adding to the drift wood collection this summer!

Using the mirror as the back splash was such a great chance to bring more of the amazing view inside! And of course I like seeing the aqua martini shaker on the second shelf... 
Its 5 o'clock somewhere!

Local designer Louise Brooks helped Kerry with the beautiful architecture design of the house.

Bunk room for the kids:

Each of the 4 bunk have their own little bedside shelves for their beach treasures!
Step out the back door and your off to the beach! 



Have a great summer guys, 
the house truly is a beach treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment